Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Termination dust? Is someone dying?

Termination dust ... excuse me, what? ... Is someone dying?

To me it sounds like the plot of a new horror film - "...vicious death fairy sprinkles 'termination dust' on unsuspecting citizens of remote farming village..."

But don’t worry, there isn't another bad scary movie coming out and nobody’s dying. It’s just an exaggerated way to describe the first signs of snow on the mountains, signaling the last days of summer.

Kind of like Punxsutawney Phil seeing his shadow, but unfortunately in our case it's the beginning of the winter, not the end. The verdict isn't out yet as to whether anyone has seen termination dust yet, or the official rules determining who can call it and where (apparently a touchy subject).

So, despite the fact that it’s 55 degrees outside ... I’ll keep telling myself it’s summer.

In the words of another terminator: "Hasta la vista, baby." :P

2 comments:

  1. Your entries are so cute!
    I really enjoy them.
    By the way I'm stuck inside because it's so damm hot outside. I hope that makes you feel alittle better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chels!

    We missed you over Team Fun weekend! It is just not the same without you. Hope you are doing well in the cold. At least we all live in a place with extreme temps!

    ReplyDelete