Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fish quiche?!?!?!

So, last night we made a big piece of salmon and had a lot of leftovers which I decided to make a quiche with the following night.

I know quiche may sound like a random meal to put together on a whim, but strangely enough it’s one of my favorite things to eat. And, I recently saw a recipe on AllRecipes that gave me the idea for including salmon.

Back to the other night ... Upon telling Andrew my plans for the next night’s dinner, I got a reaction any wife would love to hear -

“FISH QUICHE!?!?! Uggghhh, that sounds absolutely disgusting!”

In the face of adversity, I made the quiche using mom’s basic 2-2-2 recipe (2 cups meat, 2 cups veggies, 2 cups cheese, 3 eggs and a cup of milk), with a little bit of goat cheese on top.

And guess what? Andrew had seconds.

cat

Leave a comment or send me an email if you want the full recipe. You can have everyone at your house yelling “FISH QUICHE” too.

4 comments:

  1. YUM YUM... this sounds good. I like anything fish, meat, horse, cow etc... Please send Gloria and I the recipe.

    LOve you both.

    Frank & GLoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the recipe I use:

    Ingredients:
    1 pie crust (I use the refrigerated Pillsbury ones)
    2 cups vegetables
    2 cups meat
    2 cups cheese (traditionally swiss, but I mix it up with different kinds)
    3 tbsp. chopped onion
    1 1/2 cup scalded milk
    3 eggs, beaten
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. pepper
    baking tapioca (optional, if you have it. Helps quiche to set up. I sprinkle a little on the bottom and in the middle of the quiche)

    Layer meat, veggies and cheese in the pie crust, sprinkling with salt and pepper throughout. Top with chopped onion. Pour the beaten eggs over the ingredients. Heat milk to scalding and pour over quiche.

    Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.

    Don't be afraid to try it, it's very YUM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want a quiche real bad... I'm getting a pie crust asap!

    Thanks for the idea,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I'm loving life my last week at work because I can actually read your bogs. I got totally caught up the other day! haha

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete