Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall's here in full force



Fall is here - the leaves have turned, the mountain tops are painted white again, and today I had to turn on the heat for the first time since March.

I'm sad I can't wear my flip-flops outside anymore, but Fall in Alaska is very pretty. Click here for some beautiful fall photos from the Anchorage Daily News. I can already tell it won't be around for very long - last night we got down into freezing temperatures. There's no snow in the forecast, but we'll be lucky to get above 50 degrees this week.

Things have been pretty quiet up here in the past few weeks (you can probably tell with all the talk about the weather). There's no sign of our cat Irie, hopefully he comes back before any snow falls. Andrew and I have been staying busy working and DJing.

Of course the biggest news to come out of Anchorage is our lovely governor Sarah Palin. There seems to be an anti-Palin rally downtown almost every weekend lately. I've been trying to keep my own anti-Palin commentary out of this blog, but we'll see how long that lasts.

That's about it from up here, hope everyone's having a great week back in the lower 48!

P.S. - We wanted to send out a big CONGRATULATIONS to Nick for passing the Florida Bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment