Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cat news: Two's company, three's a crowd

I know, I know ... enough about the cats already, but we have some good news.

Just when we started to think Irie was long gone, it turns out he was just outside the gate. Almost two months after he got out of the house, Anchorage Animal Control picked up Irie on Saturday in Mt. View, a neighborhood right outside of the base.

So, if you've been keeping count ... that brings us to a total of three cats. Andrew and I had a feeling Irie would come back, especially after we adopted another cat in his absence. They say "two's company, three's a crowd," but I just like to call us one big happy family.

He's skinny and needed a bath because he smelled like he'd been living in a garage for the past two months, but it didn't take him too long to fall back into house-cat mode. After some expected hissing and growling, I think the little critters are getting used to each other. I'm sure they'll be making out in no time.

Lesson learned: Have your pets microchipped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment